Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fail: Android Youtube app update fails. Messes up some phone. (Downgrade here)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what you do with your phone. I am simply giving you guys the file I used to downgrade back to the version I had before I updated. It was taken from an HTC Desire Z. It was a back up done on 2011-06-08. It worked then, and it worked for me now. I just wanted to share my experiences and what worked for me. If you aren't experiencing any problems, you don't need to read this. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.


Google released an update to the Android Youtube app on Aug 8th, 2011. The updated version, version 2.2.16, listed "bug fixes for some devices". What it also did was "mess up some devices" or "not work any more on some devices".

There were reports all over the comment section of the market from angry youtubers telling Google to fix the app and giving it a 1 star rating.

I was one of the few that was affected by the update. Sometimes when I started the app, it would tell me that the app is not installed. When I click on a Youtube link, it doesn't open in Youtube anymore, instead it gives me an option to open it with other apps. When it did work, it would keep asking me to sign in.

Lucky for me I had a back up of the last Youtube app I had on my phone, which was version 2.1.6.

I was looking for a hosting site to upload it to. I wanted to stick to using Google's services and so I found Google's Sites. I made a very crude page, and uploaded the APK file for the Youtube app. 

If you're having problems and want to downgrade, you can find the file HERE. It was a backup taken from an HTC Desire Z, if that's gonna make any difference.

I've downgraded and it works like a charm now.

Hope this was useful.

Let me know what you think, comment, share, +1, or just say hi.

Till next post, Cheers !







5 comments:

  1. They are saying on all the blogs that SUMMER MANN is in NEWFOUNDLAND with EDWARD MEESE.
    She was there with REDPATH for DEFIESSE and COMIAN COULTER- MIA.
    What are they doing with DASSAULT and his company of EXPLOSIVES?
    Why is SHERYL CROW identifying DASSAUT and CHO, the same?
    They say that BILLYOK is into " DOUBLE" which means he is with them all in UTAH with CARTER and CHERR?
    What are these people doing altogether with COLORADO JEB BUSH ?
    And UGGS?
    They are saying that the HO - TEXAS is SCHAR and he says that RAP is with
    MUSSEC and SESSECTE.
    Which means they are all into MONESS with GEITNER.
    DEVONE.
    This is " NEW VIOLENCE".
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    This is the CARTER FOUNDATION with SCIENCE UNLIMITED RESERACH?
    This is , in fact, TATEDECO and PATEDERE and TEA PARTY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKA...they are really getting it all down.
    BERRIRO - UK- SEACREST.
    No more games especially for those billionaires!
    DASSAULT has been recorded " doing" in VERMONT.
    What is THIERRY DASSAULT " doing" in VERMONT?
    And is DISNEY " doing" it , too?
    And with HEINTZ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're calling it DIPAL.
    And if they are into DOPETE with POTAMETH , god only knows what they are all " doing".
    DIPAL?
    This is with DYRAM?
    And this is on DYST and DEDST?
    It doesn't take an idiot to figure who is doing " WATT".
    KILLA WATT and KILLA HILLA made it very " simple" with KILLA COLES.
    WICAR and GICAR and USEVAN .
    They are transporting kids is what they all say.
    WHERE ARE THOSE CHILDREN NOW?
    BIMPL knows.
    There is also a company called UNCON?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at DASTATA.
    This is hardcore PEDOPHILE- IRA.
    This is GATES- BERRIRO- YOUNG.
    This is TURNER - JAGGER- DASSAULT.
    Some little FRENCH prick called REMY - SPINS?
    " RESPINS".
    Typical.
    No cock, mobster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @anon: what the hell did you just make me skim thru? I feel more stupid...

    ReplyDelete